Gaming news/reviews written by a fan, for fans!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

AmiiBLOWN Opportunity

"My name is Steve and I have a problem, an Amiibo problem!"

I didn't think I was going to get caught up in the Amiibo hype when they were first released for sale. I also didn't think they would take off as much as they did. I grabbed my Mario and Pikachu amiibo from GameStop when I picked up my Super Smash Brothers for Wii U with the gamecube adapter. Had I figured it was going to be difficult to get my hands on the Villager or Marth for example, I would have grabbed all of them at the time. This mistake won't be made again and I have been caught up in the juggernaugt that is Amiibo Hunting.

Never did I think I would get caught up in Amiibo Hunting and the next thing you notice you're checking stores for toy supply and going to stores before they open. It reminds me of trying to get a Super Soaker water gun from Childworld from when my brother and I were little kids. This won't be the first time a company creates hype by under supplying the stores and it won't be the last time.

Importing from a foreign country is the next step. Don't say you it won't happen to you because people like that will read this and then jump right on an import site, like Amazon France or something, and then they buy the tough ones like Lucario or Meta Knight, both pretty much impossible in the States.

Poor marketing and Nintendo go hand in hand these days. It started with the Wii U having people not knowing the system is different than the Wii. Now, the Amiibo supply has been horrible since the start of the Amiibo State. It's only going to get worse when the Wave 4 Amiibo go on the market and then preorders sell out in about ten minutes. Like season tickets to sport teams, people will be leaving their Amiibo in their will for future generations of Amiibo Hunters!

Different variations of Amiibo, like Mario being gold and silver( potentially) and then the Mario Party amiibo show me one thing. The craze that is Amiibo has gotten out of hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment