Gaming news/reviews written by a fan, for fans!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

April Showers Bring Fire Flowers

There has been a lot of Nintendo news recently and I haven't been able to report on it as I have been feeling pretty sick. I feel better now so it's time to recap what has been going on! I'm sure everyone knows by now that the Legend of Zelda for Wii U game has been bumped from this years E3 as well as 2015 all together. It now will show up sometime in 2016 and that bums me out. I understand that the developers didn't want to give the fans a weak product but its gonna be a whole year before anymore Wii U Zelda info hits the outside world. I really wanted to play it at E3 this year but I guess Star Fox will have to keep me entertained, as long as Ninty doesn't pull it from E3 as well.

There will be a new Nintendo Direct soon and the date is April 1st. No, really the next Nintendo Direct is coming April 1st. Even when Nintendo isn't trying to make things more complicated, they go and make things more complicated. All they had to do was have it on the 2nd and no one would have thought it was a joke or even have that idea pop into their heads. It would be nice to hear that they are making more of the Amiibo that no one could get and can't get unless they put a second mortage on their house and buy them on eBay. Anyway, it would also be nice to hear if there will be any preorder bonus for Splatoon and some new titles that we haven't heard about before.

Lastly, the next system for Nintendo was announced, the NX. that could be read as N-X or N-Cross or N-ext. It will be interesting to see what Nintendo does for the next gen of gaming. Will the new "NX" connect the mobile and home systems, which is a popular trend going around the internet. Will it allow players to play whenever and whererever they want, like the GamePad wanted to do. If it allows me to play handheld games on my TV a la Super Game Boy, I'm sold.

One more thing for the Nintendo Direct on April Fools Day, Pokemon Blue/Red with classic graphics and WI-Fi trading. It's a win-win for Nintendo. The old school fans get to relive the classic Kanto region in classic GB graphics and the new school get to live the Kanto region for the first time. Everyone is happy, especially me and my Squirtle!

No comments:

Post a Comment