Gaming news/reviews written by a fan, for fans!

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Talking About Kong, Donkey Kong

As I write this, I have had some time to play around with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for the Wii U and the game does some great things. The HD graphics look fantastic as you can actually see the different fur on DK and how it moves in the wind. The Snowmad Vikings look cartoonish enough that it is believable to think that these animals would take over Kong Island. Now with every game, there are good things as well as bad things. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze does things I don't agree with. For starters, it has been mentioned all over the Internet that the Game Pad doesn't do anything while you play on the TV. I like the idea that the Game Pad doesn't drain the battery while playing because there isn't anything on the screen but a game logo could easily been put on the screen or something on there while I play. Another issue I have is that the controls for the game are not nearly as tight as they need to be. Since the game was delayed you would think issues like lagging in the load menu and control tightness wouldn't be an issue because the development had even more time to fix these problems. These issues don't hurt the game but the control issues do make it harder to play. I found myself missing jumps because the controls weren't crisp enough at times.

Hockey News- Devils Jagr scores 700th goal vs Islanders this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment