Gaming news/reviews written by a fan, for fans!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The end of an Era

While I was work today, I read some news that was disappointing to hear. It seems that Nintendo Power would be ceasing operations. This is a tough pill to swallow. I still wait for the newest issue to come in the mail and now I guess I'm gonna have to find a new place to get most of my Nintendo News. It's a real shame. I can remember finally getting my parents to let me get the magazine. This has a feeling that is hard to explain but everyone who was a NP subscriber feels the same way. The downfall in my opinion, was when NP switched publishers. Granted the economy took a dive too. Nintendo Power used to give players guides out for people who re-subscribed to the mag and they had WAY more give-aways in the mag than they do now. I still remember getting my players guide for the Game boy Pokemon Trading Card game with the Venusaur Promo card in it. The card was terrible but it was something. I don't know about the rest of you but I love getting free stuff. By the looks of the Internet/Twitter, everyone who is a fan of the Magazine is doing what they can to try and convince the publication to keep dishing out Nintendo Power. If they do stay around, could they go back to giving me something to re-subscribe as well as telling me when my subscription is gonna run out. Missed an issue last time because I didn't realize I was running out. 

I know how you feel, man

No comments:

Post a Comment